Increase in my blog traffic: Reason #3

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

This is in continuation of my previous posts on Increase in Blog Traffic: Reason #1, Reason #2 and Significant Increase in My Blog Traffic.

Read other blogs:
Schedule some of your daily time to read other blogs. You could choose to read blogs from popular bloggers like JohnChow or ProBlogger. Or you could choose to read blogs at random. I have included a RSS feed on my side bar that displays the five most recent posts from JohnChow.com, BloggingTips.com and ProBlogger.net. I make it a habit to go through these links daily and read those that attracts me.

How did it help me?
These blogs give me the broad picture of the latest trends in the blogosphere. Their posts had given me the starting point to write many of my own posts. I got the idea from these blogs to write some of my popular posts like How much is my blog worth? and 63/100: That is the grade of this blog.

I had been introduced to BlogRush by these bloggers. BlogRush has brought in some traffic for me. Even though the amount of visitors is not that significant, the BlogRush widget itself gave me lead to some wonderful posts. I like the concept of BlogRush that randomly displays posts from your own niche.

It is from other bloggers I learnt how important it is to provide different means of navigation to your readers. It prompted me to implement the Popular Posts widget, Recent Posts widget for Blogger, Related Posts widget for Blogger, list of categories and a list of archives on my blog. All these different means of navigational aids helped me to keep the visitors a little bit longer on my blog.

As an Indian proverb says “Learn from the mistakes of others; you don't live long enough to make them yourself”. So, read others blogs and learn from them. Your blog will certainly grow.

2 comments:

Free Money Maker October 13, 2007 at 10:58 PM  

Thanks dear for your post how guess the traffic for your blogs.I learnt much from your post.Thanks for the opinions.
http://kasakk.blogspot.com

Manick October 14, 2007 at 8:20 AM  

Hi Kasak,

Thanks for visiting the blog. Its good to understand that you got some useful information from my post.

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP