63/100: That is the grade of this blog

Friday, September 14, 2007

Few days ago, I wrote about the necessity of evaluating blogs in the article How much is my blog worth?. Today, I got a lead to a website grader tool from a posting on JohnChow dot com. Website Grader claims to have an algorithm that uses a proprietary blend of over a dozen different variables, including search engine data, website structure, approximate traffic, site performance, and others.

Web site Grade
I entered my blog details and generated a report. The report is very useful, it gave me lots of information and suggestions that took me by surprise. My blog's website grade is 63/100. Not bad at all! To be honest, I didn't expect my blog to do so well. What really does the number 63 means? This is the explanation given by the site:
"A website grade of 63 for assessmyblog.blogspot.com means that of the thousands of websites that have previously been submitted to the tool, our algorithm has calculated that this site scores higher than 63% of them in terms of its marketing effectiveness."
The site also provides a score summary, a snapshot is provided below:

Web site grade

There are some suggestions based on the findings, which could really help you to further progress in this complicated blogging world. I have provided a screen-shot for you to understand what I am discussing about.

Web site comment
It is good to always evaluate and improve. Continual improvement is the key for success. If you are interested in this tool, please visit Website Grader. One good thing, there is no need to register with them. But, if you want some comparison with other sites from your category, they require you to register.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP