Alexa Rank: My blog jumps up by 2 million spots

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Yes, that’s true. My blog has moved up to the position of 1,409,859 in the recent Alexa traffic rankings update. It is a jump close to 2 million spots from a position of about 3,600,000 yesterday. It is even sweeter when I recall that my blog was not among the rankings just about a month ago.

My Alexa Rank
Alexa’s traffic rank is based on three months of aggregated historical traffic data from millions of Alexa Toolbar users and is a combined measure of page views and number of users. The Alexa traffic rank is based on the geometric mean of these two quantities averaged over time (so that the rank of a site reflects both the number of users who visit that site as well as the number of pages on the site viewed by those users).

The rise in my blog ranking doesn’t really took me by surprise. I have expected this since my blog traffic has been consistent after the significant increase last month. I even expect my blog to break into the Top-One Million soon, as my one-week average is consistently hovering somewhere around the 500,000 to 800,000 mark.

In case if you are new to my blog and wondering how all these have happened, please read some of my popular posts below which would explain the reason:

4 comments:

kurbatov October 29, 2007 at 11:58 AM  

How Exactly Did you determine alexa rank ? Because when i enter my blogger blog in alexa it only shows 12 and I suppose it's the Blogger rank, not my blog there

Manick October 29, 2007 at 6:01 PM  

Hi tvsm22,

You are absolutely right. Alexa gives you Blogger's rank when you don't have a rank. About 2 months ago, I was also ranked at 13.

Basically, you won't know your rank until your traffic goes up. As I have said in my post, Alexa's rank is a combination of number of visitors and the extent of page visits. It also takes three months data for computation. So, if your blog is quite new, you may not have enough statistics to push your ranking up.

I think Alexa ranks only the top 10 million blogs. So, don't worry. Just concentrate on creating good content for your blog. Soon, you will be ranked by Alexa and the likes.

Admin March 17, 2008 at 8:10 AM  

nice :)
check out my achievement too :) !!
at:
6 Digits Alexa Traffic Ranking (Below 1 Million in less than 2 months)

Manick March 18, 2008 at 6:35 PM  

Hi Rani,

Thanks for visiting my blog. Great to see your achievement in Alexa ranking. I just visited your blog. Keep up the good work.

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP