Build Traffic With Entrecard

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Build Traffic With EntrecardEntrecard provides a platform for bloggers to network and benefit from each other. I heard of Entrecard sometime ago, but I was reluctant to join them. I was of the opinion that the business model of Entrecard will not succeed. My experience with BlogRush was still fresh in mind. But, after reading many discussions supporting Entrecard, I decided to jump in and try it out myself. So, I signed up with Entrecard yesterday.

Concept of Entrecard
The concept of Entrecard is simple. If you visit a blog from their network, you get credit points and the owner of the blog you visited also gets credit points. These are called Entrecard Credit and shortly known as “ec” in the network.

What can I do with the Entrecard Credit?
The most important thing you can do is to use the credit to advertise on other blogs in the network. You have to sell your credit points to earn the advertising space in the blog of your choice. Depending on the popularity of the blog you would like to advertise, the credit points would vary. The higher the popularity, the more points you need to transfer. The same goes if someone wants to advertise on your blog. They have to transfer credit to you to buy space from your blog.

Where is the advertising space for Entrecard?
The advertising space comes in the form of a widget that resides on your sidebar. You have to install the code supplied by Entrecard to activate this. You will receive a notification if someone would like to advertise on your blog. Once you approve a request for advertisement, the widget will display the image/ text of the requester. A click on to the widget will lead you to the advertiser’s blog.

What is the first impression?
Looks good. In about 24 hours, I got about 35 visitors through Entrecard. I am not sure whether this is just an initial burst or will continue. As of now, I am getting some good traffic which is certain to boost my Alexa Rank, if not anything else.

If you are interested, please sign up with Entrecard for free. Please subscribe to my feed if you like this post.

10 comments:

People in the Sun March 6, 2008 at 10:08 PM  

I've been doing it for a couple of weeks now, and for now I still like it. There's always the problem with something like that, of getting obsessed with visitors and numbers rather than content, but I've had a few visitors from EC who left comments, and I've already subscribed to a few cool blogs I found there. Sometimes I just surf, drop a card, and move on, but most of the time I actually look at the blog. As long as people comment and subscribe to your feed, EC is worth it.

Manick March 6, 2008 at 11:02 PM  

Thanks for your comments. You are right. If at least a few of the visitors from Entrecard take your blog seriously, then the system would have achieved its objective.

Anonymous March 18, 2008 at 9:34 AM  

thanks for sharing we will try this out. our blog is new so I really don;t know where to start at the moment but if you have tips do let us know thanks! we will be adding you to our blogroll by the way so we can come back :)

Manick March 18, 2008 at 6:12 PM  

Hi Laine,

I just visited your blog and noticed that you have signed up for Entrecard. So far, I am happy with the way Entrecard works. It has brought some regular visitors for me. The more you are active (dropping cards), the more visitors are expected. Wish you all the best. Thanks.

Admin March 19, 2008 at 2:12 AM  

i signed up there couple of days ago and it seems good so far ..

Manick March 19, 2008 at 5:12 AM  

Yes Rani,

I too find it good so far. I am spending about 10 to 15 minutes a day. Thanks.

Anonymous March 27, 2008 at 5:34 PM  

Do you still get about 35 visitors a day?

Manick March 27, 2008 at 11:29 PM  

Hi Jane,

I do not get about 35 visitors a day. I am getting about 10 visitors a day on average over the last two or three weeks.

Entrecard is a reciprocal activity site. That means, if you actively drop cards then others will also actively visit your site. As I do not actively involve in dropping the cards, I do not get big amounts of traffic. But, if you are ready to spend some time regularly, then you will get the traffic. Thanks.

Anonymous October 25, 2008 at 11:33 AM  

alright then so how do i drop card? because i don see that option anywhere on my entrecard dashboard

Manick October 27, 2008 at 8:17 PM  

Hi Takumi86,

You can click a button on the top menu called "Campaign". Here you will see all the Entrecard blogs grouped by their categories. You can click each blog and then start dropping into their Entrecard widget.

If you look at the rightmost column of my blog, you will notice the Entrecard widget. You can click the "Drop" button to drop your card. Thanks.

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP