Does BlogRush bring any traffic?

Sunday, December 2, 2007

We had seen lot of buzz about BlogRush in the last two months. The grand launch was followed by unexpected huge response from the bloggers. As a result, BlogRush went into the hiding for close to a month and came back with a bang.

How is my blog doing?
When I first saw the phase 2 reports, I was really impressed. The reports are really attractive and very use to analyze. But, the bottom line is whether BlogRush bringing in any traffic to you? I thought of doing a simple study and took the data for the last 30 days. Here is the screen shot of my credits earned:

BlogRush Report
The numbers look really good with about 14,000 bonus credits earned in addition to the 10,000 credits earned by my traffic and my referrals traffic. But, the real picture emerges when I consider the number of visitors it brought to our blog.

Visitors from BlogRush
Conversion Rate
It brought about 12 visitors. So, the conversion rate works out to about 0.05%. If I just ignore the bonus credits and compute the click rate based on my credits and my referral credits, it works out to about 0.12%. That is just one click for every 1000 displays of the title links.

Important Observation
I have noted another strange behaviour in my referral statistics graph. Take a look at the following graph:

Referral Traffic
I found it difficult to comprehend the sudden drop in the referral credits. I believe this may be due to those bloggers removing the widget from the blog. Does that dipping graph is in line with a dipping interest about BlogRush? In fact, I don't see any traffic from 3 of my first level referrals. Quite strange.

Conclusion
Is BlogRush doing justice to the precious sidebar space it is occupying? It is difficult to answer. I am not doing anything more than just displaying the widget. No promotion, no time spent on it. I agree that BloggingZoom has brought in much more traffic, but I also had to spend few hours regularly to achieve that. So, 12 visitors a month to this blog (about 1.5% of total traffic) from BlogRush has come without any additional effort.

If your sidebar is precious enough and you can do something better, then BlogRush is not worth continuing with. But, if you are just going to fill your sidebar with another ad, then I would suggest retaining the widget to get some traffic without a sweat.

How much traffic does BlogRush bring to your blog? Please subscribe to my feed if you like this post

4 comments:

Anonymous December 4, 2007 at 12:28 PM  

Hi, BlogRush sent me good traffic the first few weeks. It has sent me loyal readers. But eversince Phase 2, traffic has gone low. I wrote an article about it:

Dear BlogRush, Have You Forsaken Me?

Funny thing was, that said post (which is a review of BlogRush) was not sent across other widget-carrying blogs. It was not syndicated.

So I wrote another article about it: BlogRush Censors Unfavorable Reviews?

One commenter posted that BlogRush automatically filters headlines with the word "BlogRush" in it.

However, I'm not sure yet.

So if you can, maybe you can check your dashboard and let us if this post of yours got syndicated.

Thanks, man. Will be back for your reply.
-Saedel

Manick December 4, 2007 at 7:35 PM  

Hi Saedel,

Thanks for visiting my blog. You are absolutely right. This post has not been syndicated yet. The posts earlier to this and after this had been syndicated. Seems like BR is filtering those posts with the word "BlogRush" in it.

Thanks for pointing out. I will do a follow-up post with much more details.

By the way, where did you get the lead to my post? (Not from BlogRush, of course.)

MK December 5, 2007 at 4:37 AM  

The BR Dashboard and stats are a sight to behold but then traffic is questionable. Your reasoning about the placement of the widget on the sidebar is sound.

Manick December 5, 2007 at 7:27 AM  

Hi Markk,

Thanks for your comment. Appreciate that.

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP