Do I follow what I say?

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I just wanted to address a comment from Sandy regarding the content of my earlier post titled "Keep it Simple for Adsense Success". Please read Sandy’s comment before we go further:

Sandy’s Comment on “Keep it Simple for Adsense Success”
"You don't see to practice what you preach...in that you say keep it simple and don't distract readers with subscriptions; but right in your post you say if you want more information to subscribe?

I'm not doing well with adsense, but everything I read say join join join, subscribe etc. Get your name in directories, get links out there. You post is the first I've seen that says do adsense and nothing else, so I wonder about it. Just really not sure what to make of it."

Why Sandy is frustrated?
I appreciate Sandy for being straight to the point. I can understand her frustration and I felt that her doubts should be cleared. I could have answered this as part of the comments, but I felt the answer should reach most of my readers who may have similar questions.

Why bloggers contradict?
You cannot learn the intricacies of blogging without reading other blogs or learning from the experience of established bloggers. But, the difficulty is you get contradicting suggestions/ advise from different bloggers. What should I do? One blogger tells me that Stumbleupon is the best for blog traffic. Another guy tells me that Google is the best source of traffic. Where do I stand then? Do I follow blogger A or blogger B? As it always happens in real world, you have to filter good information and weed away the bad information. Most importantly, you have to choose the right information that applies to your blogging goals.

Reply to Sandy
1. Sandy, when I said "don’t distract readers" I meant only for blogs that use Adsense ads. If you take a close look at this blog, I don’t use Adsense on this blog. So, the rules I have listed in the earlier post does not apply to this blog. If you are using Adsense on your blog, keep the distraction minimal. I do this on my blogs which use Adsense. The idea is to get the attention of the reader on the Adsense ads, rather than splitting his attention between an Entrecard ad, ten Adgitize ads, four CMF ads and a row of Project Wonderful ads. What is the probability of someone clicking on your Adsense ad?

2. Regarding joining blog directories or getting links, it is fine. The amount of incoming links from quality sites with keyword-anchored text is very important for you to move up in the search engine rankings. Getting links is certainly very important. I did not say “do nothing else”. But, while you spend time on off-site optimization you should also concentrate on your on-site optimization. Your primary goal should be to get search engine traffic.

I am just trying to share my experience with my readers and fellow bloggers. I have made mistakes and learned from them. Blogging is trial and error. If you are not going to try something, you are not going to learn. I always try many things. If it works, fine. If not, along the way, I may fine-tune my strategies.

Conclusion
Sandy, by the way, I would like to add much more on your comment. But, I have little time to add further. I will come back with further content on this in my next post. Feel free to shoot further questions that you may have.

Please subscribe to my feed if you like this post

12 comments:

Manick July 15, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

Hi Sagar,

Thanks for those encouraging words. Appreciate your comments.

Sandy August 1, 2009 at 11:26 AM  

Wished you would have whistled my direction so I would have known you were answering my questions. I do get frustrated. Seems everytime I think I've learned something new I find 5 more things I don't understand at all. lol

BrightEarn.com September 15, 2010 at 3:36 AM  

nice post

Regards
Vicky
www.BlogsPassion.com

ipad development November 27, 2011 at 3:15 AM  

I often feel frustrated, too, while going through the depths of SEO, internet marketing and PPC, but I prefer to always try different techniques to find out whether it fits my needs or not. You should read various opinions, but to make your own one -- you just have to try everything you read about.

Heard about Leviton Manufacturing January 7, 2016 at 7:09 PM  

Thanks for sharing this info! any updates?

Heard about Commercial Chairs information January 7, 2016 at 7:24 PM  

Thanks for sharing this wonderful post! i love it

Heard about Garage Doors Elk Grove January 8, 2016 at 7:19 PM  

Of course you will follow that. To earn more respect.

transfer money abroad September 17, 2016 at 10:02 AM  

Thanks for your comments. I have written a post to address your comments. Please read the postinternational money transfer

typography inspiration December 28, 2016 at 10:10 PM  

Exactly where else could anybody get that kind of facts in this kind of a ideal way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I’m around the appear for this kind of datatypography inspiration

i want to refinance my home March 21, 2017 at 9:34 PM  

Preparation as well as organization tend to be chief elements to facilitate an excellent camping journey.i want to refinance my home

pest control wellington fl May 15, 2017 at 5:50 AM  

Wow.. its a great place to get information … Because now a days any kind of little bit information is every helpful.. Wonderful Information.pest control wellington fl

alicetaylor November 5, 2017 at 11:14 PM  

Posts shared useful information and meaningful life, I'm glad to be reading this article and hope to soon learn the next article. thank you
instagram online

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP