How to succeed with Adsense?

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

How can I succeed with Google Adsense? Many of us have this question. I had been using Adsense for more than three years. During this period, I have learnt many do's and dont's of Adsense. Let me share my experience with you.

Adsense Setup and Implementation
Adsense is one of the easiest to implement. Google does not have a very strict policy on approving blogs for Adsense. So, the first step is clear. We do not need any articles on the blog. We do not need to show substantial traffic to start using Adsense. So, the setup is simple. But, how much can you make with Adsense? Is it easy to make money with Adsense? No, it is going to be a very difficult task. If you are using Adsense and expecting results immediately, you may be disappointed. So, what is the trick or secret behind blogs with successful Adsense returns?

Secret of success with Adsense
The secret is simple. "UNDERSTAND how Google Adsense works". Yes, as simple as that. If you don't understand the way Adsense works, you might not be making substantial money with Adsense.

Let me put it in a simple way. Have you played chess? Let me say, you don't know anything about the game of chess. Let me give you a chess board and the necessary coins FREE. Can you win a game straightaway? No. You need to know the rules of the game first. Secondly, you should learn the tricks to make an impact on the game. If you are playing Viswanathan Anand, Garry Kasparov or Vladimir Kramnik with no knowledge of the game, you are going to fail. The success with Adsense is similar. Google provides you a free blogging platform and an easy-to-setup advertising network. But, to succeed, you need to understand the rules and learn the tricks.

Targeted Content Means Targeted Advertisements
Enough on the importance of understanding Google Adsense. My first suggestion is to plan the content of your blog. Google automatically displays advertisements based on what you write. So, the advertisements are going to be related to what you write. The algorithm keeps fine-tuning the advertisements as your blog grows bigger and bigger. If you write about cars, then keep writing about similar content. You can target reviews of cars, news about new cars in the market, compare different brands of cars, write about Toyota, Honda or Mazda. So, Adsense will start to display ads related to cars on your blog.

This is called "Targeted ads". While you establish yourself on the topic you have chosen, you are also moving up the search engine results page and more traffic starts to flow in. These are genuine people who searches for information and comes to your page. If they find the information they want, they just move on. Or, they may click on any related ads. Let me say, I came to your page looking for a review on Honda Civic. If I see an advertisement saying "Good offer for Honda Civic", I might most likely click on this ad. The blogger will be paid a good rate for targeted audience. So, Google will be happy as you are sending a reader who is really interested in the ad.

Conclusion
So, to conclude, choose a niche and write content within that niche. Never work on topics from all around the world in one blog. If you are going to do that, then do not use Adsense. Adsense is for targeted content. Understand this and you have crossed the first obstacle.

Please subscribe to my feed if you like this post

43 comments:

Sparky March 6, 2009 at 7:42 PM  

Good information thanks keep up the good work

Manick March 7, 2009 at 1:17 AM  

Alanna: Nice to have your first comment here. I am happy to know that you enjoy reading my blog. I will try my best to provide useful and interesting information. Thanks.

Sparky: Thanks for your comments.

Anonymous March 7, 2009 at 2:57 AM  

Hi Friend.. Interesting post.. Keep up the good work..Do find time to drop by my site and post your views... Take care.. Cheers mate!!!

SASKA March 17, 2009 at 11:28 AM  

Great post, thanks, i will keep reading

Manick March 17, 2009 at 6:41 PM  

Sparkzspot: Thanks for your comments. I will drop by your site.

Saska: Thanks. I appreciate your support.

Anonymous March 18, 2009 at 1:25 AM  

For new blogs, it's really frustrating when you put adsense on your blog and nothing happens on your earnings. You're right, targeted traffic is one of the key to succeed in adsense. But, understanding how this Google Adsense work, the most important is to market your blog to achieve substantial number of traffic. Still, web traffic is equal to money in Adsense.

Manick March 18, 2009 at 7:09 AM  

Hi InfiniteWebProfit,

Yes, you are right. Traffic is equal to money in Adsense. But, my point is you should get the right traffic. Otherwise, you may not get better payouts from Google. Thanks for your valuable feedback.

Anonymous March 19, 2009 at 7:12 AM  

Hello there!

You made it right...that was quite true.thanks for that info.


pinoyrichjerk.com

Manick March 19, 2009 at 6:47 PM  

Hi "PinoyRichJerk",

Thanks for your feedback.

padam March 20, 2009 at 7:29 PM  

i find ur tips very useful

Manick March 20, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

Hi "Padam",

Thanks for your comments. Appreciate that.

Anonymous March 26, 2009 at 8:31 PM  

Hey, great post and great topic! I am going to throw one more thing into this mix though.

Targeted content is good...IF...there are ads for that content. In other words, having a blog with perfectly targeted content for giant twine balls is great, but if there are no ads (or the ads only pay .01 or .02) you've done a lot of work for nothing.

If you have a well formatted blog and limit the display of posts to only one per page, you can literally write about anything and get appropriate adsense ads. Case in point are blogs that follow Google Trends. Since the posts are about whatever topic is hot on Google, they are guaranteed to be different, no targeted content. but if you write a good post, 150 words or so, you can get the right ads.

Anyway, again, great post. Keep up the great work.

Manick March 27, 2009 at 4:04 AM  

Hi Jtrigsby,

Thanks for that good comment. Yes, you are absolutely right. You need to decide what you want to write about. You can do this by carrying out some keyword research and work on those keywords that pay well. Alternatively, look for keywords that pay less but have huge search volume. Its upto you which one you want to do. More traffic with less PPC or less traffic with more PPC.

Google trends is certainly helpful. You also brought out a very good point; keep to one post per page. In spite of this, I would suggest to keep your blog to a specific niche. This will give your blog authority for that niche in search engines, which means you will get steady flow of search engine traffic.

Thanks once again for thought provoking comments. Rarely I get such interesting feedback.

The Construction Gate April 3, 2009 at 7:55 AM  

Good topic with clear explanation...very helful

Manick April 3, 2009 at 7:03 PM  

Hi "The Construction Gate",

Thanks for your comments.

turisuna April 8, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

Thanks for the tips, at first I just filled many topics to my blog, but finally I realized it was bad idea, so I decided to choose only one topic, btw it easier to be handled :)

Jan April 9, 2009 at 1:23 PM  

I learn a lot from your post. I don't have enough knowledge about adsense and you're article is so helpful.

Thanks

Manick April 9, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

Turisuna: Yes, it is a good practice to write about topics that are closely related. It helps your blog to gain authority in the area you are targetting. Thanks.

Jan: Adsense is all about experimenting and monitoring the results. It is very difficult to succeed with Adsense overnight. So, keep fine-tuning and be patient until you see improvement in results. Thanks.

Anonymous April 14, 2009 at 1:17 PM  

nice.. thanks for the tips! =D

www.goodgirlbadblog.info April 22, 2009 at 9:19 AM  

Thanks for the tips.Will try to put them into practice!

Manick April 22, 2009 at 10:25 PM  

Kenwooi.com, Blogger Rise, GoodGirlBadBlog.info: Thanks for your comments.

sandy April 24, 2009 at 7:56 AM  

I was hoping for more information. I've been using adsense and not doing well with it. My niche was yarn, knitting, crocheting, charity related to those topics. I have a reasonable following and get what appears to be more than the normal amount of return commentors. However, they too are people involved in yarn, knitting, crocheting, and charity and so don't click on the ads as they too have them. Nothing new for them I guess I've decided.

Not by choice, but life took a turn. My mother was in the hospital for a very long stay, to keep my readers current I posted about my Mother. These are people/bloggers that I've chatted with over several years. We do care about each other. My ads changed to those topics, and my adsense picked up a tiny bit. Sadly, a week ago Mom passed and I've been writing tributes because thats whats on my mind. I get tons of impressions, but very few clicks. Regardless of the topic, can you offer a suggestion?

Thanks
Sandy
It's Friday, hope you have a great wkend. Welcome mats always out, look forward to your visit.
url below shows the blog with EC widget which is how I came here, to drop, the blog with Mother's info (previously all about yarn etc is connected

Manick April 25, 2009 at 7:01 AM  

Hi Sandy,

I am sorry for what has happened to you. My hearty condolences to you. Hope you get enough strength to come out of this difficult situation.

Can you give me the blog URL so that I can do a complete review and give you some useful tips for improvement? Thanks.

Chef Jay May 14, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

Great tips. Just started with adsense niche blogging myself. Cheers!

www.compoundsavingsinterest.blogspot.com

Manick May 15, 2009 at 12:10 AM  

Hi Jonasan,

Thanks. Good start. Keep going. Adsense needs lot of patience. The key is to get traffic, mainly search engine traffic. Work towards that goal. You will succeed. Wish you all the best.

ksong July 5, 2009 at 4:08 AM  

very informative. i am reading thru your blogs. keep posting.

Manick July 5, 2009 at 7:40 PM  

Hi Ong,

Thanks for your comments. I will do my best to keep this blog useful.

fauzuskamaruddin July 16, 2009 at 12:55 AM  

hi,

im new in blogging..this post give me si much info. my firends simply add adsense without knowing how to make it work....

Manick July 16, 2009 at 8:52 PM  

Hi Fauzus,

Blogging needs patience as success cannot be achieved overnight. As you gain experience, you will learn lot of new things, which will make you a good blogger. Adsense needs lot of thinking and research. When people say they have failed using Adsense, it is clear that they are not doing the right things. Thanks.

Steven Wadyamandala August 3, 2009 at 2:10 PM  

your language is very clear and very focus. nice man...


http://sinyo4uairspace.blogspot.com/

adsense August 17, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

Adsense is the best ad service for website or blog but it can be difficult to earn money through it without a good traffic.

Manick September 2, 2009 at 5:09 PM  

Steven: Thanks for your comments. Your words are encouraging.

Adsense: You are absolutely right. Adsense might look easy on the outset, but it needs lot of background work to earn money. But, it is a good service, no doubt.

Ankit Sharma November 26, 2009 at 10:18 AM  

Hey buddy i jus created my blog but the prob is it's not based on a single topic. N as u said if u wanna use adsense den it shud b based on a single topic. So can u tell me any other program to make money..?

Govinda December 19, 2009 at 10:58 AM  

thx www.hackingaday.com

Goh August 9, 2010 at 6:12 PM  

It doesn't seems that easy to get approved by adsense now as you have mentioned.

BrightEarn.com September 15, 2010 at 3:39 AM  

Also you can get More Adsense tips over here
http://www.blogspassion.com

Regards
Vicky
www.BlogsPassion.com

BS November 10, 2010 at 3:22 PM  

Hey Manick!
i have made a blog, in beginning I concentrated on web developing topic, but i got a very few traffic, but then i changed and started putting different topics on my blog, some interesting ones. now traffic is good. but im using Facebook to get traffic. is it okay with adsense?

here is my URL:
http://webforu.blogspot.com

skull scarf October 26, 2011 at 10:58 AM  

hmm, I think you are right.
I agree with you, The adsense publisher must understand the game first.
great post.
thanks.

My Blog skull scarf

Infinity Chess King April 11, 2012 at 12:12 AM  

Wonderful post, quite informative!

price per head online June 28, 2012 at 5:02 PM  

People, o my what a wonderful site you have here. Interesting reading funny photos and lots of content for your reader.

hosted virtual call center June 29, 2012 at 10:24 AM  

This is an interesting..... great information found here... Thanks very much!

Facebook Answers Guide August 1, 2013 at 7:43 PM  

Great Post, For Facebook Promotion Ideas Visit My Blog

fnaf3 July 27, 2015 at 1:58 AM  

I think I need it. Thank you for update information. i like your blog.
----
five nights at freddy's | fnaf 3 | five nights at freddy's game

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP