BlogRush Is Closing Down

Thursday, October 30, 2008

BlogRush is closing downBlogRush, a blog advertising system, has decided to shut down. John Reese, the man behind BlogRush, announced The Death of BlogRush in his blog. I also understand that separate e-mails were sent to individual users instructing them to remove the BlogRush widget.

The Launch of BlogRush
When BlogRush launched in 2007, the news spread like wildfire all around the Web. It should be considered as one of the highly discussed topics, among bloggers of course. BlogRush worked hard to implement many changes after the initial launch. The second release came with attractive reports and much more options for customization.

The Failure of BlogRush
But, it remained a fact that BlogRush could not attract very high click rates, in spite of its many efforts. John Reese, himself, admits that “the click-rates across the network are dreadfully low”.In fact, I wrote about this in one of my posts titled "Does BlogRush bring any traffic?". I also noticed that BlogRush filters some posts being syndicated. It is not yet clear why BlogRush did this, and we may never know. It may be due to glitches in the system.

Bye Bye BlogRush
Whatever said and done, I should agree that BlogRush looked attractive at the beginning. It might end as an unsuccessful idea, but the effort has been made. My wholehearted thanks to John Reese and his team for doing their best to make BlogRush a success.

Please subscribe to my feed if you like this post

18 comments:

kRiZcPEc October 31, 2008 at 2:41 AM  

Just shared this news on my shared items.

Manick October 31, 2008 at 5:54 AM  

Hi Kriz,

Thanks for sharing this on your shared items. Appreciate that.

Unknown October 31, 2008 at 8:24 AM  

Heard about this yesterday and it's a shame. I tried to get BlogRush on my blog, but I was too new and didn't have enough posts. Wish them well.

Manick October 31, 2008 at 6:35 PM  

Hi CJ,

Yes, it was a good advertising system to start with. But, it did not deliver as expected. I tried BlogRush at the early stages, without much success.

Thanks.

Anonymous October 31, 2008 at 11:14 PM  

Yes, the letter is around the blogosphere. I think this is being expected for some time ago.

Many have removed their widget which includes me because of low traffic.

Manick November 1, 2008 at 8:51 AM  

Hi Angel Cuala,

Thanks for your comments.

Anonymous November 2, 2008 at 10:23 AM  

My pleasue ! Friend.
I liked one or two more posts of you i will link back to that also in future.
Can we make statistics widget like in the picture its showing by giving it any style. If yes it will be used more by our readers. I suggest.

One more thing yar your comment box is pop up why dont you embed it in Blogger. Any specific reasons to it.
http:/anshuldudeja.blogspot.com

Manick November 2, 2008 at 5:02 PM  

Hi Anshul,

Thanks for your comments and constructive feedback.

The idea of keeping the widget simple is to ensure that the widget fits into the style of the blog. Currently, the widget will synchronize with the theme of the blog. Most of us prefer that, rather than a stand-out design.

Regarding the comment box, I am just a bit lazy to incorporate the embedded box. As I have customized my layout, I need a bit of work to make this work. Thanks anyway for reminding. I will try to implement it soon.

Anonymous November 4, 2008 at 10:28 PM  

I thought I should make a comment with my new blog.

-John Smith

Manick November 5, 2008 at 3:46 AM  

Hi John Smith,

Thanks for your comments. I just visited your blog.

Anonymous November 10, 2008 at 4:36 PM  

BlogRush was a good concept, but it simply didn't work well at the end.

Manick November 11, 2008 at 1:01 AM  

Hi Blogging for Novice,

Yes, you are right. The concept is good. But, unfortunately, the clicks were not coming through. It failed somewhere.

Dwacon November 13, 2008 at 9:50 PM  

"All good things..." as they say...

Manick November 14, 2008 at 4:48 AM  

Yes Dwacon, you are right. Thanks for your comments.

Anonymous December 3, 2008 at 7:54 PM  

I knew BlogRush wouldn't last long. It just delivered too little traffic.

Manick December 5, 2008 at 12:31 AM  

Hi Leon,

Yes, BlogRush did not deliver what it promised. Too little traffic led to its downfall.

Unknown July 9, 2016 at 5:53 AM  

This is a great web site. Good sparkling user interface and very informative blogs. I will be coming back in a bit, thanks for the great article. I have found it enormously useful.
http://www.juegoskizi20.com , http://www.juegosfrival.com , http://www.friv30game.com

web design inspiration December 29, 2016 at 12:09 AM  

I am read your blog it is very usefull and I was able to find good info from your content.web design inspiration

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP