Does BloggingZoom bring traffic?

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Few days ago, I wrote about the traffic that comes from BlogRush. Now, it is time to review another service that I signed up for building some traffic. Yes, this post is about BloggingZoom, the new social networking service on the net.

Why BloggingZoom?
I signed up with BloggingZoom immediately upon its launch. I was a latecomer to other services like Digg, StumbleUpon, Delicious and so on. So, I wanted to join the BloggingZoom community as early as possible to build the network. I also had a feeling that bloggers will like BZ much more than the other services. As this blog is mainly on blogging, networking with other bloggers would be the right thing to do.

Total Traffic to this blog in November
It is about a month since I joined BZ. So, I thought of doing some analysis to see whether the effort is worth. I took the data from 07 November 2007 to 07 December 2007 (Thanks to: Google Analytics). Here is the traffic statistics during the above period:
Site Traffic 07 Nov 07 - 07 Dec 07

So, the above period of 30 days brought in 956 visitors who had given me about 2021 page views.

Contribution from BloggingZoom
How much is the contribution from BloggingZoom? The following picture will give you an idea about that.
Nov 07 Traffic from Blogging Zoom

As you can see, BZ has contributed about 11% of my total traffic. In absolute numbers, it has brought about 103 visitors who contributed to about 150 page views. I think that is really a significant amount of traffic.

Further Analysis
Let us look at all the traffic sources that have brought in traffic to this site during the above period.
Traffic Sources Nov07-Dec 07

If I ignore the direct traffic and the search engines traffic, there are 604 visits from various referring sites. The 103 visits from BZ works out to a high proportion of 17% of the referring sites.

How to get traffic from BloggingZoom?
It is not easy to get the traffic from BZ. You have to work hard for it. I have posted about 15 discussions on BZ to bring 103 visitors. But, more importantly, I have also zoomed close to 200 discussions of other bloggers and visited their blogs. I have added many bloggers as my friends. For every comment left for my discussion, I responded with a thank you note.

Tips to optimize the returns from BZ:
  1. Spend about 30 minutes every day on BZ.
  2. Only post good discussions from your blog. Search through your archives for your popular articles. Use attractive titles, not necessarily your post title. Categorize them correctly.
  3. Do not come out with a new tag for yourself. Look at the popular tags and try to classify yours under one of them.
  4. Once you have posted a discussion, take some time to read other discussions and zoom them, leave comments or visit their blogs.
  5. Whenever someone zooms you, visit their profile and read their discussions and zoom them, leave comments or visit their blogs.
  6. Whenever someone comments on your discussion, respond with a thank you note and try to continue the discussion.
  7. Before complaining that no one zooms you, think whether you have zoomed any one. It is a network of bloggers. If you give something, they will certainly return it.
Conclusion
I find BloggingZoom a very good service for bloggers. If you have not joined them yet, please do so. Remember that you won't get the traffic for free. You need not spend money, but you have to spend time. But, believe me, it is worth. Please subscribe to my feed if you like this post.

7 comments:

Anonymous December 9, 2007 at 6:46 AM  

Good suggestions. Yes, I'm going to watch my traffic and write a summary like this in a few week.

Manick December 9, 2007 at 7:25 AM  

Hi drt,

Thanks for your comments. BloggingZoom is really doing well and it needs much more advertisement from bloggers.

Jason A Clark December 9, 2007 at 9:13 AM  

Your tips are right on the money. It does take some work to make the most of BloggingZoom but it's worth it in the long run.

Manick December 9, 2007 at 5:18 PM  

Jason,

Yes, you are absolutely right. The time spent on BZ is really worth and it is also building your network of blogging friends. While I can see the immediate hike in traffic, I also believe that there will be long term benefits of getting established in BZ.

Thanks for your comments.

ruSh.Me December 20, 2007 at 3:24 AM  

i started blogging just to inspire the writer inside me....never knew, it would be such an herculean task to get noticed.... Someone once said to me : "There are no Free Lunches..." Sigh!!!

Guess i have to really Sit upright and Indulge in Some Really Aggressive PR.... Im exploring BZ....Hope it helps..!!

Manick December 20, 2007 at 5:48 AM  

Hi rush.me,

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment here. You are right. When I started blogging, I was not so much addicted. With a little bit of success, now it almost occupies any free time whatsoever I have.

BZ certainly helps in getting some traffic. Just need to be a bit more hardworking and innovative.

Anonymous January 16, 2008 at 5:06 AM  

Great suggestion!!!

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP