Blog Review: Online Earning Opportunities

Thursday, December 6, 2007

+++++ +++++
Blog Title: Online Earning Opportunities
Blog url: http://www.bucksfrominternet.com/

I am doing a blog review, after a long break. My last review was in October. I am finding it difficult to cope with the pressure of completing the requests for blog review. Anyway, as I have promised at the beginning of the month I will finish off those pending requests by the end of this month. Sorry, back to the review of the blog.

I don't have any great complaints against the blog. On the first look, it looks OK to me. The only suggestion I have is to move away from the standard Blogger template. There are many free Blogger templates available online, that would give a much more professional look to this site.

Another problem I noted is, the blog is using fluid width for the main content as well as the sidebar. Due to this, the advertisements on the sidebar cannot be displayed full when the window is reduced to a smaller size. My suggestion is to use fixed-width columns that give much more control on the layout. If not, at least use a fixed-width column for the sidebar.

The navigation is good with the popular posts widget, recent comments widget and the labels widget being in action. In addition, there is a menu at the top and a search box on the top-left corner.

The link to the subcription request at the post footer is not obvious. Make the style of this link same as the links on the post. Then it would be easier to notice the links.

The updates are regular and there is good amount of content on the site. There are posts on a considerable number of online money programs. Take some time to read and explore them for yourself.

Please subscribe to my feed if you like this post

5 comments:

nithin December 7, 2007 at 12:20 AM  

thank you for writing a review. I know the problem is with my standard template. Many suggested me to change the template. And even I am thinking of changing to a new version of template. But as I am totally new to web designing it takes some time for me. And I am thinking of changing the template within few days.

But I dont know what is fixed width and fluid and how to change it to fixed width. Could you inform me about this ? Ya and ofcourse you are going to get a link back from my site.

Manick December 7, 2007 at 1:09 AM  

Hi Nithin,

Thanks for your response.

There are some good sites offering free templates for Blogger. You can try Charmskins.com or Jackbook.com for a start. They have some wonderful collection that are easy to implement. Make sure you backup your previous template before uploading the new template. You do not need to know anything about web design.

For fixed width column, you will explicitly state the width of column. For example, my sidebar's first column width is 255px and the second column width is 130px. This is fixed width.

For fluid width column, you will not specify the width of the column in absolute numbers. For example, I can specify my sidebar first column width as 30% and the second column width as 15%. Depending on the size of window, the browser will automatically adjust your elements to the new width.

Do not worry much about it. As you are going to use a new template, you can just ensure that you get a fixed-width column template.

Finally, thanks for your offer to provide me a back link.

Regards,

Anonymous January 27, 2008 at 12:14 PM  

hi, I have changed my blog template and also brought a new domain http://www.bucksfrominternet.com

So please change the URL of the blog and one you have changed then dont forget to inform to contact@bucksfrominternet.com

I will write about this in my blog and provide a link back.

Thank you.

Manick January 29, 2008 at 5:37 AM  

Hi Nithin,

Great to see a new template and your own domain. I have changed the URL of your link in my post. Thanks.

Anonymous January 29, 2008 at 7:51 AM  

thank you for updating my blog URL

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP