Where do I get the traffic from?

Friday, November 2, 2007

I did a quick study of my last month statistics, using Google Analytics. For the first few days of the month, Google Anlaytics did not record any data from my site due to some glitch. The general trend should be similar and the few days missing data should not affect the monthly statistics too much.

Traffic SourcesI had some interesting information to share with you. The traffic sources to my site are classified into three broad categories; direct traffic, search engines and referring sites. The pie chart below shows the distribution across the three categories. I am not paying attention to the direct traffic. I am much more interested in the other two traffic sources.

Traffic from Referring sites:
About 65% of the traffic came from referring sites. That’s good and reiterates my earlier discussion to link to other blogs without hesitation. This is an excellent strategy. Ensure that you link to quality posts on SMBs, Small to Medium sized Blogs (Why not consider linking to some of my posts?). This strategy might not work well if you are linking to popular blogs. As they may have so many reactions in the blogosphere, they may not care to visit you. But, authors of SMBs will always take a look at your site to understand why you have linked them. This might bring traffic to both blogs.

Traffic from Search Engines:
About 26% of the traffic came from search engines. I feel it is good again. The distribution is completely lopsided towards Google. Out of the 244 visits from search engines, Google contributed a whopping 240. The remaining 4 visits came from AOL, Live, MSN and Yahoo with just one contribution from each of them. The keywords that led traffic to my site mainly were related to Blogger like Blogger hacks, widgets for Blogger, related posts, recent posts, recent comments and so on. Either this goes to show that Google is the most widely used search engine or other engines have not yet noted the presence of my blog.

Where do you get the traffic from? Leave a comment here. Who knows? You might get a lead from this blog. Please subscribe to my feed if you like this post

8 comments:

ଦେବାଶିଷ November 2, 2007 at 5:48 AM  

Yes admin it is too difficult to get traffic to the blog.I get about 40 readers a day to my blog. I am bit worried.Please visit my blog.
http://healthdebasis.blogspot.com
you can exchange the link

Manick November 2, 2007 at 7:10 PM  

Hi Debasis,

Don't worry about the traffic. Blogging is still a hobby. It is sometimes weird. When you have lost hope and would like to quit, you start to get the traffic.

I think 40 readers a day is good. Try to sustain that and see whether you can tap those traffic streams further.

I will visit your blog soon. Thanks.

panubabu November 2, 2007 at 11:15 PM  

have 3 blogs
http://www.absmoney.blogspot.com (pr 3 ) tech blog
http://absmoney.blogspot.com (pr 4) money making blog
http://abstips.blogspot.com (pr 2 ) blog about blogging

and all those having blog or blogs on same topic can leave a message at my blog if interested in exchanging links,pr or alexa rank are not a matter,I want to exchange links thats it,and you can respond here,but i will not come and read your posts,if you are seriously thinking about link exchange then leave comment at my blog so that i can follow you and exchange links.
thank you.:)

Manick November 3, 2007 at 4:49 AM  

Hi Absblogs,

I have added links to three of your blogs under my blogroll. Please return the favour. Thanks.

Anonymous November 18, 2007 at 3:54 AM  

Traffic is important, but providing quality content is even moreso. As long as readers are happy with what you have to offer, they will bring the masses to you :)

Anonymous November 18, 2007 at 4:23 AM  

I'm finding getting traffic to my blog to be real hard work compared to regular sites. My blogs been up about a month and getting 10-15 per day. I use Blogging Zoom (pretty good so far), blog direcories, rss directories and I started commenting on other blogs last week.

Manick November 18, 2007 at 6:27 AM  

Hi Colin,

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your blog is good and looks professional. Soon, you will have good traffic. Wish you all the best.

Manick November 18, 2007 at 6:30 AM  

Hi Jason,

I fully agree with you. You need to have quality content on your blog. Otherwise, even if you get traffic from some unknown source you may not be able to sustain the traffic. The challenge is in sustaining your traffic. Thanks for your comment.

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP