Feedburner Subscription Feed Error

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Feedburner
If you have subscribed to the e-mail feed from this blog, you would have received an e-mail containing all the previous posts. This is not an error made by Feedburner. Feedburner normally sends only the latest posts from this blog. It is, in fact, due to an error on my part.

Two days ago, I was editing my blog’s feed details in Feedburner as part of some testing. Unfortunately, I didn’t restore back the settings before leaving Feedburner. I noticed the error only when I received the post update from Feedburner. I would like to apologize to all the readers for the error. I have corrected the error and you should receive only the latest posts hereafter. I assure you that I will do my best to prevent any recurrence. In case, if you notice any errors please feel free to leave a comment here.

Lesson Learnt
Please ensure that you subscribe to your own blog’s feed. It is not to show off an increase in your subscriber count. But, it helps you to monitor what exactly goes to your reader. You will be able to monitor whether the feed works properly. It gives you a chance to correct any errors in the feed as quickly as possible.

Have you faced any similar challenges before? Share your views here. Please subscribe to my feed if you like this post

2 comments:

Anonymous November 29, 2008 at 11:48 PM  

hey, this is a great tip! iv been doing this too as i want to keep a close watch on how my feeds look like when it comes to the readers. this is especially useful because this will give you ideas like -- should embedding videos and images on your posts be considered good? do the readers see that as well or maybe, adding alt tags would help a bit.

glad you blogged about this!

Manick November 30, 2008 at 6:27 AM  

Hi Techniqueal,

Thanks for your comments. Subscribing to your own feed is a good practice.

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP