Technorati Rank: In the Top 100K blogs

Monday, March 31, 2008

Assess My Blog is currently ranked by Technorati in the Top 100,000 blogs. To be precise, it is ranked at 99,658.

I have not followed my Technorati rank very closely. Initially, I did notice that Technorati rank could be easily manipulated by link trains or viral links. I had been taken by surprise when I saw a pretty average blog in the Top 10 Technorati blogs sometime ago. In spite of this, I could not contain my excitement when I saw my blog in the Top 100K blogs.

Technorati Rank
How does Technorati work?
Technorati uses two terms primarily to describe a blog, Technorati Authority and Technorati Rank. I will explain both terms.

Technorati Authority defines the number of incoming links to your blog in the past six months. Only one incoming link from a blog is counted. That means, even if you have two or three links from one blog, it will still count as one. If a blog has linked you about 180 days ago, then that link will not be counted. So, the more number of blogs linking to you, the more will be your Technorati Authority. This blog currently has an authority of 72.

Technorati Rank is a little bit more straightforward. If you have Rank 1, then you are the number one blog according to Technorati. As far as this blog is concerned, Technorati considers this as the 99,658th best blog in the world.

Since Technorati takes into account only links created in the last six months, your blog should be regularly updated and linked by others to keep the ranking. Let me see whether I can sustain this ranking.

Please subscribe to my feed if you like this post

6 comments:

Anonymous March 31, 2008 at 10:44 AM  

One little tip that I figured out for increasing Technorati rank is to do manual pinging. You can go to the ping form page at Technorati, enter the URL of any web page that you know contains a link to your site, and press the "Ping" button to send out Technorati's crawlers.
Sometimes it will take up to 24 hours to get credited with the authority point, but I have found that this is a good way to quickly increase authority when you have backlinks from lots of obscure sites that do not normally get crawled often.

About two weeks ago, I used this tactic by simply browsing through my backlinks at Yahoo's site explorer page, opening up the Technorati ping form in another tab, and pinging any sites that I knew were not crediting me with backlinks at Technorati. It took a few minutes to get through them all, but at the end of the day I was able to increase my Technorati authority by more than 20 points with relatively little effort.

Manick March 31, 2008 at 7:23 PM  

Hi Karlonia,

Thanks for that useful tip. I too have tried this before with some success.

Free Money Maker April 3, 2008 at 10:19 AM  

Congratulations manick for your new technorati rank.As you know I ma struggling to get page rank from google which I have recently lost.Could you please help me on that matter ? I need some blog post from some bloggers which perhaps help me to get backlinks.And obcourse dear I need guest blogger for my blog.How can I add this for my blogger platform.There has one way simply invite someone but it could be risky action.what you say? Do you have time write for me?
Manas.

Milton Ramirez April 4, 2008 at 4:17 PM  

Congrats. Some other fellows still are stuggling with those two concept on Technorati.

Hitesh Sahni April 4, 2008 at 8:56 PM  

"Technorati takes into account only links created in the last six months"

Hey , I never knew that ! It seems I have to do something really fast since my six months are about to be over and I haven't generated significant backlinks.

Manick April 6, 2008 at 11:21 PM  

Tonnet: Yes, the concept of Technorati might be confusing in the beginning. But, once you monitor regularly how it evolves, then it is easier to understand.

Hitesh: Yes, Technorati considers only the links created in the past 180 days. Technorati uses this approach to ensure that your blog is current and regularly updated.

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP