Google Adsense vs Other Advertisements

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Advertising NetworksGoogle Adsense is undeniably one of the highly used monetization methods for blogs. But, day in and day out, you could see articles supporting Google Adsense and articles that stand firmly against Google Adsense. What is your take?

As a beginner, most of us know only about Adsense. To be honest, Adsense is the driving force behind me and many other bloggers when they started off. It is true that we have so many choices now. Just to quote a few: Adbrite, Bidvertiser, Clickbooth, Project Wonderful and so on. The advertisements from Adbrite and Bidvertiser looks almost similar to Adsense. But, how about their performance? Do you get better returns from them?

Do you use Google Adsense?
With these questions in mind, I ran a poll on this blog titled "Do you use Google Adsense?". The following graph displays the results of the poll:

Pattern of Advertising on Blogs
Neither the poll has any scientific background to support the pattern nor the people participated in the poll are representative. But, the pattern of advertising is in similar lines to what I expected. One quarter of the bloggers are clearly supporting Google Adsense while another quarter have completely dumped Adsense out of their blogs. But, one-third of the bloggers are running both Adsense and other advertisements on their blogs. I am not going to discuss anything about 20% of the bloggers who have no advertisements on their blogs.

Further Discussion on Google Adsense
I will stop there now. But, I will come back with my views in my next post. In the meanwhile, here are some questions for your thought:

  1. Why do you think Google Adsense is the best? Or why do you think it is not?
  2. If you have stopped using Google Adsense, why?
  3. What other modes of advertisements are you using? Why did you choose them? How do you find them?
Please feel free to add your views or thoughts different from the above lines. I will use some of the interesting comments in my future posts as an example to discuss. Of course, you will get a link back to your blog if I use your comments for my discussion. Please subscribe to my feed if you like this post

16 comments:

Anonymous December 12, 2008 at 10:00 AM  

i will answer your questions:


1. Why do you think Google Adsense is the best? Or why do you think it is not?
Because google is giant corporation and lot of company using google to advertise their company. Yes the best. But i hope later that google will pay us by paypal.

2. If you have stopped using Google Adsense, why?
Because there is no ad in indonesian language.

3. What other modes of advertisements are you using? Why did you choose them? How do you find them?

at this moment i am using adgitize.
I just read the article and they pay to us.

Manick December 12, 2008 at 5:24 PM  

Hi "Success with Women",

Yes, I agree with you that Google is the biggest internet advertising network and the most reliable probably.

Adgitize is still a baby in the advertising arena. We have to wait at least a year to see how it performs.

Thanks for your comments.

Anonymous December 13, 2008 at 6:50 AM  

i have stopped using Google adsense since they have banning me for using PTC (Paid-to-click) site and i don really like their strict policies at all

Manick December 16, 2008 at 9:19 PM  

Hi Takumi86,

Thanks for your feedback. Now, I understand that the strict policies of Adsense is chasing some of the bloggers away.

GLBT Promo December 23, 2008 at 11:33 AM  

I never liked Adsense until now. That's because now I'm a full-time blogger and I put a lot of work into promoting my two blogs. Because I'm finally doing what it takes to promote, I'm seeing Adsense results.

Manick December 24, 2008 at 6:24 AM  

Hi Jolie,

Nice to hear that. "Adsense shows encouraging results after some hard work", thanks for your view.

Mom January 1, 2009 at 9:25 PM  

You definitely have to promote and increase your traffic in order for any ad campaign to become profitable.

I use Adsense because it is what I knew about first. I am only now beginning to learn about the other methods. But I'm sticking with Adsense for now because Google is a known and reputable company that I know will pay me when I reach the monetary requirements for payment.

Manick January 3, 2009 at 5:37 AM  

Hello Mom,

Yes, substantial traffic flow is the fundamental building block for any ad campaign to be successful.

Good to know that you are using Adsense. The big name of Google makes Adsense a trustworthy programme for many bloggers. Thanks.

Anonymous January 7, 2009 at 11:09 AM  

I make use of two advertising companies;

Kontera and Adbrite,

I find that between them they are better than google. Kontera offers what I personally think is the best inline ads on the web. The keywords they choose are excellent and they allow for the customisation of color so it means that the ads can look like normal links giving you a high click through rate.
Matt

Manick January 7, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

Hi Matt,

I perssonally feel that the income from AdBrite is generally lower than that of AdSense. Interesting to know that you have better yield from Adbrite. Kontera is fine. I have used inline ads from AdBrite, but not with much success.

Thanks for your views.

Goh August 9, 2010 at 6:27 PM  

Its very hard to get approved by adsense. They will tell you something like this You must provide accurate personal information with your application that
matches the information on your site. Which i think does not make any sense. And they always say this Unacceptable site content

BrightEarn.com September 15, 2010 at 3:45 AM  

1. google adsense is better advertising option than any other in web world the reason is they provide good CPC Rates.. they pay on time and there are many valid reasons thats why more than 70% or more people are using Google Adsense,

2. if you have approved from google adsense then try to place google adsense ads on your site they are the best.

3. there are many option rather then adsense like adbrite, bidvertiser, tirbal fusion, zedo and many more but not like google.


Regards
Vicky
www.BlogsPassion.com

Unknown July 9, 2016 at 5:52 AM  

I just want to say thanks for your wonderful post, it is contain a lot of knowledge and information that i needed right now. Thanks!
http://www.juegosfrivas.com , http://www.kizidaily.com , http://www.friv2gamers.com

international money transfer September 17, 2016 at 10:04 AM  

Thanks for your comments. I have written a post to address your comments. Please read the postinternational money transfer

Blogger September 19, 2016 at 9:26 PM  

Are you trying to earn cash from your visitors via popup ads?
If so, have you considered using PopCash?

Unknown December 17, 2017 at 8:34 PM  

It seems I'm on the right track, I hope I can do well. The result was something I did and was doing to implement it.
www.clickjogosclick.com

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP